1. It stimulates the blood circulation of the sculp, bringing oxygen and hair nourishing nutrients, thus promote stronger and healthier hair growth.
2. It removes toxins that may have accumulate in the scalp by increasing the lymphatic flow.
3. It activates the dormant hair follicles to promote new growth.
4. Used oils moisturise and condition the scalp. This helps to avoid a dry flaky scalp and dandruff. Appropriate oils can help to speed up hair growth, fostering shiny, thick, and healthy-looking hair.
5. The massage strengthens the hair shaft and helps to distribute the natural scalp oils down to rest of the hair – this adds luster and shiny to your hair and protects it from breakage and split ends.
6. It also relaxes the scalp and neck muscles. Tight scalp muscles restricts blood flow and suffocates your hair follicles.
7. Massage is known to relieve headaches: a head, neck, and shoulder massage can alleviate tension headaches and reduce symptoms of migraine. Massaging the relevant muscles, and ironing out the knots by putting pressure on these areas, stimulates both blood flow and cerebral fluid.
8. Massage is associated with better sleep: many sufferers from insomnia can benefit from having a head, neck, and shoulder massage. A good head massage induces relaxation, allowing one to fall asleep and remain asleep.
Massage Tip: Focus on the center of your head, which is most likely to receive less blood supply.